LATEST Update: May 1, 2016
If you are a frequent commuter around Metro Manila and you want the comfort of an Uber ride but for a fraction of the cost, you are in for a treat.
Uber just launched its new service called uberHOP.
We know how worst Metro Manila traffic congestion can be #carmageddon. So Uber is doing a special pilot test of uberHOP and the goal is to reduce the traffic congestion in Metro Manila since riders who are heading the same direction will ride in just one vehicle, more riders into fewer vehicles. Since more people share a ride, fares are cheaper by up to 70% from the normal uberX ride.
What is uberHOP?
uberHOP is a new option that transports multiple people heading in the same direction by sharing a ride for a flat fare. If you ask us, this is the “real” definition of ridesharing!
How does uberHOP work?
- Riders (up to 6) coming from the same origin and who are going to the same destination. Rider can choose among the available routes on the app.
- Each rider needs to walk to the suggested meet up spot
- The fare is flat which means no surge pricing!
- Since we want to be courteous to the other riders, your driver will only wait the scheduled time provided in the app
- You won’t be able to contact your driver to make alternative arrangements
How much is an uberHOP ride?
uberHOP is a based on flat fixed fare that ranges from Php 50-120 depending on the distance and route. Refer to the fare matrix below.
What uberHOP routes are available? What time? How much?
Currently, uberHOP is available to and from Makati, BGC and Mandaluyong every Weekdays (Monday-Friday) between 7-10am and 5-9pm. See the route matrix below or your Uber Rider App for the exact details.
As of May 23, 2016, Uber Manila had to cancel and discontinue some uberHOP Manila routes due to legal and regulatory concerns. Trinoma route is discontinued, please refer to the available routes below or you can also check in your Uber Rider App.
Please note that with the above changes, the following routes were temporarily DISCONTINUED:
- AM: The Columns, Makati to Discovery Suites, Ortigas
- AM: The Columns, Makati to Pacific Center, Ortigas
- AM: Forbestown Road, BGC to Ayala Tower One, Makati
- AM: Market! Market!, BGC to Ayala Tower One, Makati
- PM: Legazpi Street, Makati to Forbestown Road, BGC
- PM: Legazpi Street, Makati to Market! Market!, BGC
- PM: The Podium, Mandaluyong to Forbestown Road, BGC
- PM: The Podium, Mandaluyong to Market! Market!, BGC
- PM: The Podium, Mandaluyong to The Landmark, Makati
What if I’m riding with a friend?
You can reserve up to two (2) seats in one uberHOP request. If you have more than two (2) friends with you, they need to request their own uberHOP (again, each request can reserve up to two seats).
5 Steps to HOP with uberHOP
Step 1: UPDATE
Update you Uber Rider app. Open the app the select uberHOP.
NOTE: You won’t see the uberHOP option if you don’t have the latest Rider App Update. Also, you won’t see the uberHOP option if you’re NOT in the uberHOP service area.
Step 2: REQUEST
Check whether you are near an area where uberHOP is available. Request your ride and you’ll be paired up with a driver as well as other riders traveling in the same direction.
NOTE: You cannot change the pick-up and drop-off locations. an uberHOP can accommodate up to 6 passengers.
Step 3: WALK
Walk to the suggested pick-up spot. Look for your vehicle and driver as seen on your Uber app. Arrive on time so as not to miss your ride.
NOTE: Be ready to walk to meet your driver at the designated pick-up point as soon as you request. Your driver will only wait the scheduled time given in the app. If you don’t make it to the meet up spot in time, you’ll need to request again to get a seat on the next uberHOP.
Step 4: RIDE
Walk to the suggested meet-up spot. Look for your vehicle and driver as seen on your Uber app. Arrive on time so as not to miss your ride.
NOTE: uberHOP will leave the meet-up point at the scheduled time given to you in the app, which will be 10 minutes or less. If no one else selects the same route as you, you’ll get a solo ride at the flat rate. Also remember that you CANNOT call the driver of uberHOP so make sure to arrive on time or you might miss your ride. You can check the app for the vehicle details.
Step 5: ARRIVEAlight at the common drop-off area within Makati or BGC. Then walk the last few blocks to your destination.
Read our review and tutorial how to request for an uberHOP ride and in case you still have questions, refer to uberHOP FAQs.