Device Issuance Schedule and Device OptionsAfter driver onboarding and background check, you can claim your device to get online quickly!
Uber Manila Device Options and Issuance Schedule
Monday – Friday, 10am-3pm
Venue: SMX Convention Center, 3F SM Aura, 26th Street Corner McKinley Parkway, Bonifacio Global City
Tuesday – Friday, 11am-6pm
*NO Device issuance on Mondays*
Venue: 5th Floor, Regus, Gateway Tower, Araneta Center, Cubao
If you will be picking up a device at Gateway Tower, please note the building management has a dress code of NO shorts and NO slippers allowed. Please bring a valid photo ID to claim your device – and also bring a second ID to leave at the reception.
Want to avoid waiting in line when claiming your device?
Introducing EXPRESS LANE for device pickups!
Schedule your pickup online and you get to skip the line and get your device in a matter of minutes! No more long waits! Be sure to arrive during your designated time slot. Online appointments must be scheduled at least 24 hours in advance.
- Number of issuable devices per partner is based on the number of active drivers and active vehicles registered to that partner, whichever is lower. For example, if you have 1 vehicle and 2 active drivers, you can only get up to 1 device.
- Only eligible partners or their active drivers can claim a device. Representatives are not allowed. Drivers must bring a letter of authorization signed by the partner and a copy of the partner’s valid ID in order to claim a device.
- Before coming in to claim your device, please make sure that you have ACTIVE vehicles registered to your account. If you have recently added a vehicle and it is still in ‘PENDING’ status, please send an e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org so Uber can review approve the vehicle. Vehicles must have complete documents before they can be activated.
Uber Manila Device OptionsEffective Date: starting Aug 10, 2015
Option A: RentalUber-Owned device at Php 600 per week for 4 weeks
- Get an Uber-owned device at a rental rate of PHP600 per week for a maximum of 4 weeks*.
- Available only for newly activated driver/partner account.
- *Rental is ONLY for 4 weeks from the date of issuance. Device will STOP working after 4 weeks.
- You are REQUIRED to return the device on or before that.
- +If you do not return the device by the end of week 5, your driver/partner-driver account will be DEACTIVATED.
After 4 weeks, you can return the phone and start using your own device. To avail of this option, please see the device issuance schedule above.
Option B: BYODBring your own device/smartphone, no extra charges/ fees!
- If you already have your own smartphone, you can download the Uber Partner app on your device. Start driving right away, no extra charges/ fees!
- Refer to Option B: BYOD FAQs section below for the Uber Partner App download links.
- Refer to the BYOD FAQs below to learn the minimum system requirements for your smartphone.
Frequently Asked Questions
Option A: Rent to Own FAQs
Who does this program impact?
This program is applicable to all devices issued from June 1, 2015 onwards.
I currently have a Rent-to-Own device and am currently on the Rent-to-Own program. Will this impact me?
If your device was issued before June 1, 2015, the revised program will not impact you. You will continue to be charged as originally described to you.
How will I be charged for the rent-to-own fee?
The PHP300 rent-to-own fee will be deducted from your weekly payout. No cash out required!
Is there a weekly requirement (for example: minimum number of trips)?
No, there is no minimum weekly requirement. You will just see a P300 deduction in your weekly payment statements for the device.
Option B: BYOD FAQs
What is the minimum system requirements for my smartphone?
- For iOS devices: You must have an iPhone 4S or newer with iOS 7.1.2 or higher.
- For Android devices, your device must meet the following specifications
- Memory / RAM: minimum 1GB
- Storage: minimum 8GB
- Processor Speed: Quad-Core Preferred
- GPS Support for at least two of the following: A-GPS, GPS and/or GLONASS
How do I download the Uber Partner app to my device?
Does this option come with data?
You will need to use your own personal data if you are availing of the BYOD option.
I am currently enrolled in the BYOD program. How does this impact me?
You will continue to receive any BYOD-related promotion until May 31, 2015. All existing BYOD promotions will end on June 1, 2015.
Do I still need to pre-register my device to be part of this program?
No need to register. Just download the app and get online!