People in Central Luzon! Uber Philippines is gearing up to launch Uber Pampanga soon.
Last June 2017, there has been news that Uber Philippines is discussing with the provincial government to explore the possibility of Uber Pampanga. They want to bring the safe, reliable, and convenient mode of transportation to the tourists and residents of Pampanga.
And here’s the even better news, Uber has started accepting Partners and Drivers for Uber Pampanga last July 7, 2017. Read this article to get everything you need to know about Uber Pampanga.
I. Coverage Area of Uber Pampanga
Based on Uber’s Pampanga Guide, Uber Pampanga will cover most of the busy business centers and tourists spots— from downtown City of San Fernando in the south all the way up north to Mabalacat City and the business centers in Angeles. Initially, the coverage area of Pampanga is as follows:
- Clark Special Economic Zone
- Dau, Mabalacat
- Balibago, Angeles City
- Jose Abad Santos Avenue, City of San Fernando
NOTE: Uber has not yet released any info yet as to how much the fares will be for the riders and if there will be any surcharges for inter-town travels.
Reference: Uber Pampanga Info Page
III. Vehicle Requirements for Uber Pampanga
Based on the info released by Uber, Uber Pampanga will initially offer UberX vehicles. UberX vehicles are the most popular service for riders.
Related: List of Accepted Vehicles in Uber Philippines 2017
Vehicle Document Requirements:
- Vehicle’s Official Receipt (OR)
- Certificate of Registration (CR)
- Proof of Filipino Citizenship of Vehicle Owner
- Sales Invoice if ORCR is not yet available (valid only for the first 135 days upon issuance of your Provisional Authority)
Vehicle Minimum Requirements:
- 3 years old or newer upon date of application, a requirement by LTFRB (ex. if you are applying this 2017 in Uber Pampanga, the vehicle must be 2014 or newer upon application)
- 4-door car
- Good condition with no cosmetic damage & no commercial branding
- Seating: Must have seats AND seat belts for driver and 4 passengers
- Working windows and air conditioning
- No full-sized vans or trucks
- No taxi cabs, government cars, or other marked vehicles
- No salvaged or rebuilt vehicles
- All colors are accepted, your car doesn’t need to be black.
ARE HATCHBACKS ALLOWED?
As of Jan. 9, 2017: by Virtue of DOTC DO 2015-011, there’s NO engine displacement requirement. However, hatchbacks are NOT specified as an accepted vehicle type for TNVS vehicles. But this is still subject to reconsideration if TNCs (Uber and Grab) appeals for reconsideration of hatchback as an accepted vehicle type. Refer to this article for about the facts about hatchbacks and engine displacement requirements for TNVS vehicles.
Related: List of Accepted Vehicles in Uber Philippines 2017 | Facts about Hatchback Vehicles for TNVS
IV. How to Sign-Up as an Uber Partner/Driver in Pampanga
Are you ready to sign-up and drive with Uber Pampanga?
Step 1: Sign-up
Go to Uber Pampanga Sign-up Page and create an account. Input your personal details and don’t forget to Select “Angeles, Pampanga” as the City.
Related: Step-by-Step Guide on How to be an Uber Partner
Step 2: Submit Documents
If you already have the required driver and vehicle documents, you can upload them in your partner account. OR you can also submit it in Uber Pampanga’s Activation Center at Jollibee Dau-McArthur Highway, Mabalacat, Pampanga; Monday-Saturday from 10am-4pm.
Don’t forget to bring your driver and vehicle requirements:
- Professional Driver’s License
- Valid NBI Clearance
- Vehicle’s Official Receipt (OR), Sales Invoice is also accepted
- Vehicle’s Certificate of Registration (CR)
- Proof of Filipino Citizenship of Vehicle Owner (please see Notes below)
If you can drop by Mandaluyong City, you can also submit your documents at Uber Manila’s Greelight Hub in Greenfield District, Mandaluyong City; Monday to Saturday from 8am-4pm.
If you have more questions, you may also call the Uber Phone Support at (02) 231 3660; Monday to Friday from 9am–6pm.
A) If you own the vehicle and you will drive personally, you can submit your driver’s license as well.
B) But, if you’ll NOT drive, you don’t need to upload your driver’s license. You can add a driver later on and you’ll need to submit the document requirements of your driver.
C) If you are NOT the owner of the vehicle you’ll register, make sure to have the vehicle owner’s Proof of Filipino Citizenship (NSO Birth Cert, Passport or Driver’s License)
D) If you are already a registered partner in Manila and you wish to drive in Pampanga, you can request to switch city. You can process this is Jollibee Dau -MacArthur, Mabalacat or in Greenlight Hub, Mandaluyong. Remember, you can only drive in one city at a time.