We’ve all had that experience when we needed a bigger UberX but we don’t want to request for the more expensive UberBlack SUVs.
Before, when I ‘m carrying a lot of things and I request for an UberX, it’s like a lottery. I can just hope that I get an AUV that has more space than the usual sedan. Sometimes malas ako and I get a compact car (like Wigo). So, I cancel and I request for another uberX praying that this time I hit jackpot and get an Innova. Did you ever had that experience?
That’s why we’re so happy that UberXL is now available in Manila! Uber Manila rolled out the service and became available for all riders last May 20, 2017.
What is UberXL?
Basically, UberXL is meant for riders who need more space than an UberX. Instead of getting SUVs in the more expensive Uber Black or getting compact sedans in UberX, you specificaly get AUVs when you request for UberXL.
This is perfect when you’ve got a group (up to 6 riders), a lot of luggage, or just need more space than the usual UberX.
- Travellers and balikbayans heading to/from the airport
- Big families going out on weekends or group of friends for a night out
- If you are on errands like going to the grocery or moving a couple of things around
- Comfortable AUVs (ex. Toyota Innova, Mitsubishi Adventure, Isuzu Crosswind, and Suzuki Ertiga)
- More affordable than requesting for 2 UberX Cars or UberBlack (which both can only fit a maximum of 4 passengers)
- UberXL is available 24/7 for all Uber riders
What are the vehicles I can expect in UberXL?
UberXL are bigger vehicles that UberX. They are AUVs which can comfortably sit groups of up to 6 riders including
- Toyota Innova
- Mitsubishi Adventure
- Isuzu Crosswinds
- Suzuki Ertigas, etc.
How to request for an UberXL ride?
The same way you request for an UberX.
1. Request and Select UberXL
Open the Uber Rider App, set your pick-up point and destination and select “uberXL”
2. Ride and Enjoy the extra space
Wait for your vehicle to arrive in your pick-up point. Enjoy the convenience of extra space for your group or your luggage. Don’t forget to verify the name of the driver and vehicle in your Uber App.
3. Arrive safely and conveniently
Upon reaching your destination, pay your ride through the payment mode you chose when you requested the ride (either cash or credit card).
Hope this article helped. Let us know in the comments sections if you have any questions or suggestions. You can also reach us at email@example.com. We would love to hear from you!
Don't forget to Like UberMNLTips on Facebook and subscribe to our blog for more practical tips and latest updates and promos!