Hello Uber Partner!
As you know, we need to comply to LTFRB regulations now. And one of the requirements for TNVS and LTFRB Accreditation is a DTI Registration if for sole proprietorship. You can register for a business name through DTI Online.
Here’s a guide to DTI Online Business Name Registration:
- Go to http://www.bnrs.dti.gov.ph
- Click “New Application”
Read the terms and conditions bago kayo magclick ng Continue sa pinakababang bahagi ng page. Nakasaad sa terms and conditions ang mga hindi pwedeng gamitin na pangalang ng inyong business.
- For the “Business Scope”, click on REGIONAL (as recommended by Uber).
Regional Business Registration costs Php 1000 + Php 15 for documentary stamp tax.
- Select “National Capital Region (NCR)” as region.
As per Uber, if the region you selected is not NCR, there should be no problem for as long as Metro Manila is indicated as the area of operation in your TNVS Application Form.
- Type/key in your proposed business name and Check if business name is available.
- Make sure that the business name is related to transport.
- As per Uber, please do not use Uber/Grab as part of your business name.
- Kung mayron na nagmamay-ari ng business name na gusto mo, pumili hanggang sa makakuha ka ng available name.
5. Fill in the required details:
- TIN – gamitin ang TIN na nakarehistro sa VEHICLE OWNER.
- First Name – pangalan mo
- Middle name – apelyido ng nanay mob ago sila kinasal ng tatay mo
- Last Name – Apelyido ng tatay mo, or nanay mo, kung single mom siya (kudos to her!)
- Suffix ( if applicable) – Jr., SR., III, II
- Date of birth – birthday mo!
- Citizenship – Filipino, of course
- Sex – male or female – di pwede it’s complicated
- Marital status – single (kahit may jowa ka, single pa rin dapat ang nakalagay ditto), married – kung legal kayong mag-asawa; widowed if your spouse has passed on.
- Email address
- Phone number
- Mobile number
- Residence address
- For “Town/City and Province”, make sure that you select the pre-populated results in the form. Pwede mo itong mapalabas by typing in the initial letters of your town and clicking down arrow. Then, you select your town or city from the choices. If you just type your Town/City and didn’t select it from the choices, there will be no choices for Barangay.
- For Barangay, the drop-down menu will not activate if you didn’t select the correct Town/City from the choices of DTI. So make sure you select the Town/City from the choices and NOT just type your Town/City.
- All marked with * are required fields.
6. Choose payment method : DTI teller if you want to transact personally at any DTI branch, GCash or Bancnet for online transactions.
7. Choose “Download” to be able to download directly your business name registration certificate after online payment.
8. Click “Continue”. You will be directed to a Transaction Reference Number (TRN) acknowledgement page . The page confirms that the business name you are applying for has been reserved.
9. Click Download and Print your TRN acknowledgement.
10. Click “Close.”
11. Proceed to online payment by clicking “Online Payment” at the upper left side of the page.
12. Click “I Agree”.
- Select Payment Type: GCash or Bancnet. Fill in the Transaction Reference Number as stated in the acknowledgement form. (see image below)
- Click “SEARCH”
- Click the transaction reference number (refer to the picture below) to show the business information.
- Review the details then click “CONTINUE”.
- A pop-up status shall appear, click OK.
- You will be redirected to BANCNET ONLINE. Select your bank then proceed.
Make sure your bank/GCash account has sufficient funds for payment. Note that Bancnet Online is for debit cards from selected banks only. This does not accept major commercial banks like BDO, BPI nor credit cards. Once payment as gone through, remember y0ur payment reference number. Just in case there’s a problem in your payment.
19. After Payment, Click on “Download Certificate” and “Agree”
Here’s how your DTI Business Name Registration Certificate should look like:
IMPORTANT: Make sure you save the Certification because you can only download it ONCE.
Hope your registration goes smoothly. Let us know your experience and if you have more tips for our fellow partners. Feel free to comment below. #UberOn #TNVSAccreditation